Skytrax has rated Ethiopian Airlines as the best African Airline in the recent 2018 Skytrax World Airline awards.
Mango topped the list as the best low-cost airline in Africa while the best regional airline for Africa was awarded to Royal Air Maroc.
South African Airways got a look in for the best airline staff service by global region in Africa.
Adding to the accolade as best in the region, Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise, Africa’s biggest airline, said it’s in discussions to back the Nigerian government’s plans for a new national carrier.
Tewolde GebreMariam, Ethiopian’s chief executive officer, will hold talks with a Nigerian minister about the proposal. Nigeria said this month that a new airline would begin operations this year, with the name to be revealed at the expo.
- Zambia’s Puku Ridge Camp to reopen - 01/03/2019
- Uganda’s latest luxury offering, Emburara Farm Lodge - 06/12/2018
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 04/10/2018
- One&Only Nyungwe House opens in Rwanda this October - 01/10/2018
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe - 01/10/2018
- Rwanda Encompassed - 26/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Akagera Game Lodge - 25/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - 24/09/2018
- Mandela My Life: The Official Exhibition - 23/09/2018
- Rwanda names baby gorillas at Kwita Izina - 21/09/2018