In partnership with the conservation charity Space for Giants and its partner the African Wildlife Foundation, Uganda is currently seeking private sector investment in a number of key tourism areas to provide long-term funding to support wildlife conservation efforts.
Candidates are required to have a proven track-record of developing and managing tourism portfolios that are high-value, low impact, conservation-focused, and commercially successful. Initial offerings include two areas in Kidepo Valley National Park, four in Murchison Falls National Park, two in Kibale National Park, two in Queen Elizabeth National Park, and one in Semuliki National Park.
Uganda, the “Pearl of Africa”, has ten national parks displaying the best of East Africa. Their Rift Valley landscapes and tropical forests make dramatic backdrops to an extensive variety of flora and fauna.
Managed by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), the parks offer ‘traditional’ savanna safaris along with boat tours, forest hikes, mountain climbing and wildlife research activities. Uganda is unrivalled on the continent as a bird watching destination with over 1,000 species of birds – several of which are found nowhere else on the planet. It is also home to 13 types of primates including over half of the world’s endangered mountain gorillas ; and our closest relative – the chimpanzee.
Explore the wild Kidepo Valley; spot Queen Elizabeth’s tree-climbing lions; trek up the Virunga Volcanoes; summit the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains; take on Bwindi’s “impenetrable forest”; learn ancient tribal traditions and crafts – or just relax at your lodge surrounded by the wonderful sights and sounds of Africa’s most hospitable destination.
Explore Uganda – on the tip of discovery with the safest and most hospitable parks in Africa!
More information is available here.
- How Tanzania’s plastics ban affects travellers - 17/05/2019
- Zambia’s Puku Ridge Camp to reopen - 01/03/2019
- Uganda’s latest luxury offering, Emburara Farm Lodge - 06/12/2018
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 04/10/2018
- One&Only Nyungwe House opens in Rwanda this October - 01/10/2018
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe - 01/10/2018
- Rwanda Encompassed - 26/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Akagera Game Lodge - 25/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - 24/09/2018
- Mandela My Life: The Official Exhibition - 23/09/2018