AirKenya has suspended services into the Olare Orok Airstrip in Masai Mara, as well as the Nanyuki Civil Airstrip, after heavy rainfall resulted in floods across the country.
The runways have become slippery, making the airstrips unserviceable.
Alternative airstrips have been recommended:
- Alternative to Olare Orok: Mara North and Olkiombo airstrips
- Alternative to Nanyuki: Lewa Downs
AirKenya has advised that anyone with travel to or from these airstrips should contact the airline directly on +254 20 391 6000.
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018