AirKenya has suspended services into the Olare Orok Airstrip in Masai Mara, as well as the Nanyuki Civil Airstrip, after heavy rainfall resulted in floods across the country.
The runways have become slippery, making the airstrips unserviceable.
Alternative airstrips have been recommended:
- Alternative to Olare Orok: Mara North and Olkiombo airstrips
- Alternative to Nanyuki: Lewa Downs
AirKenya has advised that anyone with travel to or from these airstrips should contact the airline directly on +254 20 391 6000.
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019
- Botswana’s brand new Selinda Camp opens June 2019 - 19/03/2019
- Kenya’s Tourism grows - 17/03/2019
- Botswana’s Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero reopens - 17/03/2019
- Thanda adds to Wildlife Conservation Programme - 17/03/2019
- Yacht joins Thanda Portfolio of Travel Experiences - 11/03/2019
- Why Seychelles is the Ideal Digital Detox Retreat - 09/03/2019