The Blue Train will have a completely new itinerary for the Kruger National Park journey in 2020, with two departures on in June and August.
This adds to the current routes the Blue Train operates. The route between Pretoria and Cape Town is a 31-hour journey of 1 600 kilometres (994 miles), through some of the most diverse and spectacular scenery offered by the African sub-continent.
The Blue Train also travels to South Africa’s Limpopo Province, which is home to the Kruger National Park, one of the world’s finest game parks, and home to Africa’s Big Five. These one-way 19-hour journeys take place on selected months of the year, and offer guests an opportunity of some fantastic new “rail safari” combination packages with the many private safari lodges found in the Greater Kruger and Sabi Sands areas.
There are two Blue Train sets – simply referred to as Train Set 1 and Train Set 2. The former can accommodate a maximum of 54 guests and is available for use during charters. Train Set 2 is the weekly “schedule” train running between Pretoria and Cape Town. It accommodates a maximum of 82 guests and includes a paraplegic suite and a Conference Car.
Each of the two trains consist of a Baggage Van, Power Car, Personnel Car, Club and Lounge Cars, Kitchen and De Luxe and Luxury accommodation coaches.
For more information, please visit www.bluetrain.co.za
- Tips for a South African wildlife safari - 15/09/2019
- Airlink adds flights Pemba, Mozambique - 13/09/2019
- Malawi is the Warm Heart of Africa - 05/09/2019
- Uganda to increase Gorilla tracking permits - 01/09/2019
- The Blue Train adds new itinerary - 21/08/2019
- Singita opens Kwitonda Lodge and Kataza House in Rwanda - 11/08/2019
- Bench Africa’s stand on ethical safari experiences - 08/08/2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - 06/08/2019
- Introducing Madagascar Classic Collection - 02/07/2019
- How Tanzania’s plastics ban affects travellers - 17/05/2019