South African Airways have come in at number 3 on a list compiled by Condé Nast Traveler for ‘best legroom on long haul flights’ going ‘above and beyond’ the average with a generous seat pitch of 33.5 inches in economy class.
Tim Clyde-Smith, Country Manager for South African Airways, Australasia said “This bodes well for travellers on SAA’s daily overnight flight from Perth to Johannesburg – connecting seamlessly from cities on the East Coast of Australia and from New Zealand with our codeshare partners, Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand, respectively.”
“Passengers start their journey the minute they board our flight when they stretch out, relax and enjoy the warm African hospitality before landing in Johannesburg early in the morning with plenty of time for onward connections in Africa.”
SAA fly daily from Perth to Johannesburg operating an A340-300 and A340-600. Virgin Australia flights connect from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide and Air New Zealand flights connect from Auckland.
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018