As of Saturday, 01 June 2019 Robben Island Museum (RIM) will implement two-tier pricing resulting in an unexpected price increase of over 50% for international visitors.
The current standard rate is R 360 and is increasing to R 550 for non-South African adults, effective 01 June 2019.
Based on annual financial analysis and consultation with its relevant stakeholders, RIM management has taken the decision to introduce a different tier of tour prices for local and international visitors.
This new pricing structure will provide additional revenue for the rise in conservation needs on the island. Robben Island’s tour comprises a ferry return trip, transport on the Island, a guided Island tour and a guided prison tour, often led by ex-political prisoners.
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019
- Botswana’s brand new Selinda Camp opens June 2019 - 19/03/2019
- Kenya’s Tourism grows - 17/03/2019
- Botswana’s Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero reopens - 17/03/2019
- Thanda adds to Wildlife Conservation Programme - 17/03/2019
- Yacht joins Thanda Portfolio of Travel Experiences - 11/03/2019
- Why Seychelles is the Ideal Digital Detox Retreat - 09/03/2019
- African Safari – the ultimate multi-generational getaway - 07/03/2019