As of Saturday, 01 June 2019 Robben Island Museum (RIM) will implement two-tier pricing resulting in an unexpected price increase of over 50% for international visitors.
The current standard rate is R 360 and is increasing to R 550 for non-South African adults, effective 01 June 2019.
Based on annual financial analysis and consultation with its relevant stakeholders, RIM management has taken the decision to introduce a different tier of tour prices for local and international visitors.
This new pricing structure will provide additional revenue for the rise in conservation needs on the island. Robben Island’s tour comprises a ferry return trip, transport on the Island, a guided Island tour and a guided prison tour, often led by ex-political prisoners.
- 11 Giraffe facts on World Giraffe Day - 21/06/2020
- Sydney South African Film Festival goes virtual - 07/05/2020
- Top Africa Travel Trends for 2020 - 09/01/2020
- Celebrate Mandela Day with these iconic spots in South Africa - 18/07/2019
- South Africa relaxes visa requirements for various countries - 11/07/2019
- Airlink works to help the environment - 02/07/2019
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019