Peregrine Adventures has revealed it will add West Africa to its Adventure Cruising program in 2019, as the company continues to evolve and expand its cruise brand off the back of rapid growth.
After launching in Europe in 2017 and expanding to Asia at the end of this year, Peregrine’s Adventure Cruising product will expand to another continent in 2019 with the latest 2018/19 Adventure Cruising brochure featuring voyages from Spain to Senegal.
Peregrine guests will now be able to cruise into the wilds of West Africa’s rivers from Senegal to The Gambia with an eight-day Cruising Safari: West Africa adventure cruise that will encompass UNESCO-listed deltas, chimpanzee sightings and dolphin estuaries. The villages en route have singular traditions and thrive on music and dance, with travellers unable to help but get caught up in the energetic atmosphere. The trip is priced from $3140* per person twin share.
Peregrine Adventures General Manager Marine Filippos Venetopoulos said Peregrine’s Adventure Cruising product had grown by 35 per cent this year, with the increased appetite leading to the launch of the West Africa voyage.
“Our travellers have responded to a style on the water that is akin to our style on land – authentic and low-impact travel. These are cruises for travellers who would never normally choose a cruise,” Venetopoulos said.
“Our West Africa voyage visits villages and towns untouched by the notion of tourism. Take Kuntaur, where we enjoy a cinema night with the locals. Kuntaur lacks electricity for the most part so our guests get to experience cinema with popcorn that has been made by locals.”
Peregrine prides itself on a low-impact travel model. At the start of the year, the Peregrine exclusive Adventure Cruising trips began to phase out single-use plastics onboard with travellers given reusable water bottles and cloth bags to reduce waste. Peregrine continues to carbon offset all trips through a range of renewable energy projects.
*Subject to availability, conditions apply.
For more information go to https://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-au/adventure-cruising
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018