With immediate effect, Kilimanjaro airport has changed the process of issuing visas on arrival, creating a longer process on to enter the country.
Clients arriving in Kilimanjaro without a visa now need to queue for a Government Control Number, pay for it at the bank and proceed to immigration who will then check and issue the visa
The changes mean that the visa on arrival process can take in excess of two hours. It is therefore recommended that travellers to the country apply for their visa online here.
The online process asks for more information than the visa on arrival and will be issued within two to three weeks.
- Tanzania increases black rhino population - 20/09/2019
- Five Lessons from The Lion King - 18/09/2019
- How to make the most of your safari - 15/09/2019
- Explore the Okavango Delta - 12/09/2019
- Top African spots for lion viewing - 09/09/2019
- Sanctuary Retreats’ safari guides rank amongst Africa’s best - 31/08/2019
- New Tanzania Visa process - 29/08/2019
- Lodges jump for rhinos - 27/08/2019
- Namibian Exploration by Trains, Planes and Automobiles - 23/08/2019