From December 2017, luxury safari expert Abercrombie & Kent (A&K) welcomes guests to its exclusive new Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp in Tanzania.
Replacing Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp, the new camp will be based across three locations in the Serengeti, allowing guests to intimately experience the Great Wildebeest Migration.
A&K’s nine-day private journey ‘Tanzania Under Canvas’ allows guests to experience one of the world’s great wildlife spectacles, the Great Wildebeest Migration. Spend three nights in the 1.5 million hectare Serengeti where some two million wildebeest, plus hundreds of thousands of gazelles and zebras, migrate in search of new pastures and water. At Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp, you’lll be in prime position to experience an extraordinary wildlife phenomenon.
The camp has been specially designed in a style reminiscent of the pioneering explorers of the 19th century, easily packed up and moved along, yet with all the modern comforts and with a minimal ecological footprint. An elegant contemporary take on the classic campaign look, it will offer accommodation under canvas in 10 new five-star tents, each with wooden deck, en suite bathrooms, authentic bucket showers plus a personal tent attendant. Gym and yoga kits are also standard in each tent.
The camp will also feature a central canopied area with lounges and dining areas which can be open on the sides to reveal the soul-stirring landscape and the chef and his team will serve up a melange of international and local flavours. Guests can enjoy the traditional fire pit, exchanging stories under starry skies and listening to tales of wildlife encounters and historical derring-do from passionate guides.
Prices for A&K’s ‘Tanzania Under Canvas’ from $6,335 per person twin share.
Special Offer: Combine this journey with A&K’s ten-day ‘Southern Tanzania Safari’ to Ruaha National Park, Selous Game Reserve and Ras Kutani and receive a free flight (valued at $900 per person) from the Serengeti to Ruaha to commence the safari.
For more visit www.abercrombiekent.com.au/journeys/tanzania-under-canvas
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018