Mövenpick Hotel Maputo will expand global hospitality firm’s African footprint and solidify its presence in a strategic location with strong growth potential
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is set to make its debut in Mozambique in a strategic move that expands its presence in Southeastern Africa.
The global hospitality firm has signed an agreement with developer Matreal Property Services to operate Mövenpick Hotel Maputo, a modern upscale property conveniently located next to Maputo International Airport and just 5km from the centre of the capital city.
Set to open in 2021, the upcoming property will capitalise on Mozambique’s ongoing growth and development, with projects under way that could see the country emerge as one of the world’s top natural gas exporters in the near future.
“The time is right to cement our presence in southeastern Africa, a strategically-important market where Mövenpick has identified opportunities to meet demand for upscale accommodation and hospitality services, including high-quality dining experiences,” said Andrew Langdon, Global Chief Development Officer, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.
“With its strong ties to the region’s economic powerhouse, South Africa, its growing importance as a regional commercial centre , plus its future tourism potential given its rich culture and unspoiled Indian Ocean coastline, Mozambique is a major development hotspot and we will most certainly keep an eye on future expansion opportunities.”
Mövenpick Hotel Maputo will cater to the growing number of corporate and government-related travellers visiting the Mozambique capital to conduct business, as well as local companies looking to stage meetings and events.
Key features of the new contemporary 150-room property will include attractive dining options plus meeting and conference facilities.
“Maputo is a business hub in its own right, and as the city grows, attracting more companies and visitors, it requires world-class accommodation, business and dining facilities that meet their needs and expectations,” said Mr. Thomas Matlala, Director at Matreal Property Services.
“We are confident Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts can deliver these standards, putting our new property – and Maputo – on the map in this dynamic region of Africa.”
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts currently operates 25 properties across Africa, with five more in active development.
- Botswana’s brand new Selinda Camp opens June 2019 - 19/03/2019
- Kenya’s Tourism grows - 17/03/2019
- Botswana’s Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero reopens - 17/03/2019
- Thanda adds to Wildlife Conservation Programme - 17/03/2019
- Yacht joins Thanda Portfolio of Travel Experiences - 11/03/2019
- Why Seychelles is the Ideal Digital Detox Retreat - 09/03/2019
- African Safari – the ultimate multi-generational getaway - 07/03/2019
- Daily flights Ruaha to Iringa to Kilimanjaro - 05/03/2019
- Kwandwe’s winter wilderness walking & fly camping - 02/03/2019
- Seychelles’ North Island to join luxury collection brand - 01/03/2019