DESTINATION REVIEW: Sun City
Sun City is a luxury casino and resort, near the city of Rustenburg in the North West Province of South Africa. It is situated about two hours’ drive from Johannesburg and borders the Pilanesberg Game Reserve.
Developed by Sol Kerzner, the hotel magnate, it opened in 1979 in an area that was then an independent state of South Africa and therefore allowing the entertainment such as gambling which was at the time banned in the country.
It is today a popular holiday and weekend getaway destination, and attracts many famous performers and international acts.
HOTEL REVIEW: The Palace of the Lost City
A destination in itself, The Palace of the Lost City is part of the internationally recognized The Leading Hotels of the World.
With lavish with 5-star service mixed with exquisite detail, The Palace has 338 rooms inclusive of four breathtakingly opulent deluxe suites. From the distinctive grandeur of the African Suite to the unforgettable King Suite, each exquisite suite revels in the magic of this remarkable place.
ATTRACTION REVIEW: Pilanesberg National Park
Just on Sun City’s doorstep is Pilanesberg National Park, covering an area of 572 km², and is where we will get our first glimpse of South Africa’s famous Big Five. Sat in an open air vehicle we set off down a bush track listening to our driver explaining that a group of Zebra’s are called a ‘Dazzle’, group of giraffes a ‘Tower’, group of Rhinos a ‘Crash’ and many other interesting facts. It’s hard to search for the animals as the vegetation is thick and high due to recent heavy rains in the area. Before long, the eagle eyes of the passengers in the game view truck spot out numerous antelope species, rhino, elephants, zebra, giraffe and warthog. It was the beginning of our taste of the South African bush.
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: K.W
- Explore Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - 16/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - 04/11/2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - 01/11/2019
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 01/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Classic Lodge, Musanze - 29/10/2019
- Hotel Review: Magashi Camp - 29/10/2019
- Rwanda Encompassed - 10/10/2019
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe National Park - 01/10/2019
- Rwanda celebrates 15th gorilla naming ceremony - 21/09/2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - 19/09/2019