Australians seeking the African adventure continue to pick Kenya as the destination of choice.
It is no wonder, with the country offering some of the best game viewing and safari options, along with unique cultural experiences. There is a wide variety of choices in accommodations, camps and lodges ranging from camping and overland all the way to five-star luxury. This makes the destination affordable for all budgets.
The first six months of 2016 saw an 18.9 percent increase in Australian’s travelling to Kenya compared to the same time previous year.
The Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) has been focused on campaigns and initiatives to spark interest in African safari holidays to entice more Australians to Kenya. KTB representative Bart Druitt said “we have been focused on promoting all the amazing things that a holiday in Kenya offers through digital campaigns and PR. We want as many Aussies as possible to tick a Kenyan safari off their bucket list.”
Increased attention to security in the country and new visa options have made visiting Kenya an even more favourable option. While air access still lacks a direct route, there are options via Asia and the Middle East to fly into the capital and gateway of Nairobi.
With the growth in number of visitors to Kenya increases, the continued support to drive awareness on the destination will be seen in the coming months with KTB adding “we are currently working on an exciting brand awareness campaign that includes a documentary, editorial, advertising and digital which will enter the market in the coming months to further grow these arrivals.
For more information on Kenya visit www.magicalkenya.com
- Tips for a South African wildlife safari - 15/09/2019
- Airlink adds flights Pemba, Mozambique - 13/09/2019
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - 10/09/2019
- Malawi is the Warm Heart of Africa - 05/09/2019
- Uganda to increase Gorilla tracking permits - 01/09/2019
- The Blue Train adds new itinerary - 21/08/2019
- Singita opens Kwitonda Lodge and Kataza House in Rwanda - 11/08/2019
- Bench Africa’s stand on ethical safari experiences - 08/08/2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - 06/08/2019
- Introducing Madagascar Classic Collection - 02/07/2019