Kenya Airways launched its inaugural direct flight into the resort town of Victoria Falls from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA). Victoria Falls is now Kenya Airways second destination to Zimbabwe after Harare where it operates 21 flights weekly.
The new route between Nairobi and Victoria Falls will operate three times a week including Monday, Thursday and Saturday and will be linked to Cape Town, South Africa. This will see the airline increase its operations to Cape Town from the current four, which are served via Livingstone, Zambia, to six.
Speaking during the launch event held at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Kenya Airways’ Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mbuvi Ngunze said the new route will serve to offer increased connectivity, flexibility and convenience to guests besides boosting the tourism sector in the region.
“In addition to enhancing Africa integration, this new route will provide a boon for Zimbabwe’s tourism industry as it establishes vital links between the majestic Victoria Falls and the tourism sources markets in our global network. The resultant benefit of our wide route network is increased connectivity, flexibility and travelling convenience to visitors from across the world visiting Victoria Falls and onwards to other destinations.” said Mbuvi.
Mbuvi added that the new route also highlights the airlines strategy to continue ‘Winning in Africa’ which is driven by opening up the region and ensuring Kenya Airways value proposition meets the demands for its customers
Following the launch, Kenya Airways is the only carrier offering direct services between Victoria Falls and Cape Town. This offering will see guests enjoying Victoria Falls from the Zambia side via Livingstone and Zimbabwe side via Victoria Falls. The route is operated by Embraer E190 with a configuration of 12 business class seats and 84 economy class seats.
The Nairobi- Victoria Falls flight schedule is as follows: The flight will depart in Nairobi at 7.20am, arriving in Victoria Falls at 9.30am, departing Victoria Falls 10.20am to arrive in Cape Town at 1.25pm. The return flight will take off from Cape Town International Airport at 2.15pm, arrive Victoria Falls at 5.10pm and depart Victoria Falls at 6pm and touchdown Nairobi 10pm.
For more information visit www.kenya-airways.com
- Celebrate Mandela Day with these iconic spots in South Africa - 18/07/2019
- South Africa relaxes visa requirements for various countries - 11/07/2019
- Classic African Safari on Sale with A&K - 11/07/2019
- Airlink works to help the environment - 02/07/2019
- Airlink flash sale to St Helena Island - 24/06/2019
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019
- Botswana’s brand new Selinda Camp opens June 2019 - 19/03/2019