KSeychelles will be more accessible to the outside world starting February 6, 2019, as Kenya Airways introduces additional flights to its services, operating on a daily basis between the exotic islands and Kenya.
The airline is currently flying to the island archipelago five times per week from Kenya’s Capital city- Nairobi. This latest development by the African carrier, branded the Pride of Africa, follows the launch of its Non-Stop flight from Nairobi and New York in October last year.
The anticipated daily flights from Nairobi will undeniably add to the accessibility of Seychelles as a destination and therefore value to the local product. This new development on the regional aviation scene is perceived in the Tourism industry as a great milestone for the island archipelago of the western Indian Ocean.
The additional flights will be on Wednesdays and Fridays, enabling good connectivity from Europe and West African routes in which currently guests have to layover in Nairobi.
Visitors using Kenya Airways or who choose to fly to the island nation via Kenya will now have more, and shorter options for transits, instead of long waits at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB), Mrs. Sherin Francis, welcomed the news with great enthusiasm. She said that the increase in the frequency of flights by the airline is a very interesting development for Seychelles’ tourism.
“The 7-days direct flights would definitely make Seychelles more accessible to a few of our important markets such as the North American market,” said Mrs. Francis.
She added that Kenya Airways has been a very steady and reliable partner for Seychelles, and as such, is sure that “with this new development our partnership will become even stronger.”
Kenya Airways has been flying to Seychelles for the past 41 years without any interruption or pulling out, making it the longest serving airline in Seychelles. The airline’s first flight to Seychelles was on May 7, 1977.
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018