Away from the city hustle, where you can sit back and relax in your own quiet space is the Moriah Hill Resort.
Located in Rwanda’s west in a town called Kibuye on the shores of Lake Kivu, the resort is about 200 kilometres from Kigali and at only 1 kilometre from Karongi town. Perched on the hillside overlooking Lake Kivu, the hotel utilises the space well, so the views and surrounding scenery compliments the property.
The Moriah Hill Resort makes a great base to explore the lake via boat, Karongi town and beyond. Enjoy swimming in Lake Kivu or take a wooden boat out on the lake at sunset for a cruise. Take a walk around the lake or for the extra adventurous, climb the hill, before coming back to relax in the private sauna.
Nearby, guests can enjoy the Gisovu tea plantation, which is one of the biggest tea plantations in Rwanda, or climb Karongi mountain, the highest in Karongi district.
The Moriah Hill Resort epitomises the modern lakeside resort elegance, offering great value for your money. For those who take their comfort, security and luxury seriously, Moriah Hill Resort is the right place for you. Moriah Hill Resort features free WiFi throughout.
There is a wellness area, a bar and a restaurant, conference facilities, wedding facilities, watersport activities and a sauna. The accommodation offers a children’s playground. You can even play tennis at Moriah Hill Resort, and the area is popular for fishing.
The rooms descend the hill which is perfect as you don’t feel you are boxed in and too close to your neighbour. The rooms are simple but spacious. The large bed is equipped with a mosquito net. Rooms open out to a large balcony that overlook the lake. Room features include a flat-screen TV, private bathroom and a desk. All units will provide guests with a fridge.
The restaurant is also placed strategically on the hill, serving up those stunning lake views. A continental breakfast is available every morning at the restaurant. Enjoy delicious fresh food (international and traditional kitchen) while taking in the panoramic restaurant with traditional Rwandan decoration. Friendly and professional staff serve up a wide variety of beers, wines and spirits in the well stocked bar.
For more visit www.moriah-hill.com
- Singita opens Kwitonda Lodge and Kataza House in Rwanda - 11/08/2019
- Bench Africa’s stand on ethical safari experiences - 08/08/2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - 06/08/2019
- Introducing Madagascar Classic Collection - 02/07/2019
- How Tanzania’s plastics ban affects travellers - 17/05/2019
- Zambia’s Puku Ridge Camp to reopen - 01/03/2019
- Uganda’s latest luxury offering, Emburara Farm Lodge - 06/12/2018
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 04/10/2018
- One&Only Nyungwe House opens in Rwanda this October - 01/10/2018
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe - 01/10/2018