While Rwanda has a number of fantastic hotel and lodge offerings, sometimes you want to choose an option that feels more like home. This is exactly what Karongi Lake View Retreat offers.
A private residence set on the hills of Kibuye, this retreat is a private, secure property that is your home away from home.
A modern house with 200 degree views of breathtaking Lake Kivu, both from indoors and out, Karongi Lake View Retreat is the perfect choice for larger travelling groups and multiple families to relax for a weekend, a week, or longer.
The house is built and furnished with local materials from expert craftsmen/women, giving it more of a Rwandan homely feel. Enjoy a full kitchen equipped with all the cooking facilities and utensils needed. For a small charge of USD$40 per day, you can have a cook prepare your meals (food must be supplied for this).
Relax in the lounge room, stocked with games and books for entertainment or enjoy the evening on the terrace around the wood fire.
There are four bedrooms in the main house, each with double beds to sleep eight people in total. The main bedroom opens up to the terrace and has a large ensuite bathroom with shower and separate free-standing bath. The other bedrooms on the top level share a bathroom, while the fourth bedroom on ground level has its own bathroom. All linen is supplied, including bath towels.
Location: Karongi District, Bwishyura Sector
Phone: +250 788286364
Rates: Start from USD$300 per night for main house. Includes drinking water, basic tea & coffee supplies. Any other food needs to be brought by guests.
- Visit South Africa virtually - 28/04/2020
- Africa’s most instagramable locations - 15/04/2020
- Find your zen in South Africa - 18/02/2020
- Explore Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - 16/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - 04/11/2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - 01/11/2019
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 01/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Classic Lodge, Musanze - 29/10/2019
- Hotel Review: Magashi Camp - 29/10/2019
- Rwanda Encompassed - 10/10/2019