As far as transit hotels go, you can’t get much better than InterContinental Johannesburg O.R Tambo Airport Hotel in Johannesburg.
Flying to South Africa through the main entry point of Johannesburg can come after quite a lengthy flight, which means you may not be too keen to move on to your next destination too soon, if connecting beyond Johannesburg.
Located outside the international airport complex, it makes it so convenient to step off the plane, clear customs and be checked into the hotel with ease.
The award-winning InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport Hotel provides convenience, style and all the upscale facilities you’d expect from an InterContinental property. Guests can enjoy a host of services and facilities here, such as conferencing, spa and the Quills restaurant. From the hotel you can still explore Gauteng’s City of Gold, Johannesburg, with art galleries, museums and shops nearby.
There are three room types at this property; Classic Room, Executive Room and Suite. All rooms are tastefully appointed with a subtle hint of African flare without being too in your face. All rooms also have soundproofing and blackout curtains to ensure maximum rest during transit. Classic Rooms have a massive king bed and spacious bathroom with shower and bath. There is state of art coffee machines, ample minibar offering, and bottled water supplied. Executive rooms are located on the corners of the property offering that bit of extra space and view. If you really want to splurge for the night there are two Presidential Suites, located on the 7th floor of the hotel.
Quills Restaurant and Bar is located on the ground floor just past the lobby area and is open 24 hours a day. Enjoy a cocktail in the bar and food from a bar menu. For full meals, step into Quills Restaurant for temporary lunch or an a-la-Carte dinner. You can even try game meat on the menu.
Address: P.O. Box 200, Jo.Int’L Airport 1627 : Johannesburg ,1619, South Africa
To Book: InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport Hotel can be booked through your local travel agent and hotel booking sites. Should you wish to book direct, you can do so online HERE.
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018