In our continued efforts to expand and enhance natural habitats in Africa, Great Plains Conservation will be introducing a U$D15 per person per night Conservation Levy to all new reservations for guests staying from the 11th of January 2018 onwards at our ol Donyo Lodge and Mara Plains Camp in Kenya.
The Big Life Conservancy levy at ol Donyo Lodge and Olare Motorogi Conservancy fee at Mara Plains Camp are already included in the nightly rates for 2018.
Please note that all bookings already confirmed and traveling from the 11th of January 2018 will not be subject to the this new Conservation Levy. The U$D15 per person per night fee will be applicable to all new reservations as from the 2nd November 2017. This is a nett contribution levy and it cannot be settled direct at our camps. The levy will be added to your reservation quotation and confirmation by our reservations team.
The funds will be utilised by our Great Plains Foundation, a registered USA 501(c)3.
The Great Plains Foundation works collectively with Great Plains Conservation to secure tracts of Africa’s wild habitats which will protect and allow wildlife to thrive within them. A vital and integral aspect of these landscapes is not only the wildlife species but the communities which inhabit or surround them. Sustainable conservation cannot exist without either of these elements co-existing, and our Great Plains Foundation, therefore works on a two-fold focus – specific species programmes and community empowerment programmes. Currently, we run and/or contribute to the following projects under our Great Plains Foundation:
- Rhinos Without Borders
- Ride For Lions
- Big Life Foundation
- Masai Olympics
- Community Conservation Education Programme
- Community Solar Lantern Project
Without your support for our Safari Experiences and our Great Plains Foundation projects, we would be unable to ensure that these wild spaces are protected and conserved for future generations.
For more information visit www.greatplainsconservation.com
- Celebrate Mandela Day with these iconic spots in South Africa - 18/07/2019
- South Africa relaxes visa requirements for various countries - 11/07/2019
- Classic African Safari on Sale with A&K - 11/07/2019
- Airlink works to help the environment - 02/07/2019
- Airlink flash sale to St Helena Island - 24/06/2019
- Rwanda to welcome black rhinos - 24/06/2019
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019