Ethiopia has launch a universal e-visa application, announced by the Prime Minister’s Chief of Staff, Fitsum Arega, and confirmed by Ethiopia Airlines.
The e-visa is processed and issued online on a single web page where applicants apply, pay and secure their entry visa. Once the application is approved, applicants will receive an email authorising them to travel to Ethiopia, and they will get their passport stamped with the visa upon arrival in Addis Ababa.
The online visa application process was launched in June 2017, but up until now was only available for travellers from select countries. This has now been extended to be available for visitors worldwide.
Arega tweeted that the “relaxed Visa regime will enhance both Ethiopia’s openness and will allow the country to harness the significant stopover transit traffic of Ethiopia Airways.”
Ethiopia Airlines Group CEO Tewolde GebreMariam also added “We have not made best use of our natural resources to attract large numbers of tourists. To this effect, this project is part of a new national initiative to transform the tourism sector in the country.”
Travellers visiting Ethiopia can apply for a visa at www.evisa.gov.et
- Explore Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - 16/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - 04/11/2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - 01/11/2019
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 01/11/2019
- Hotel Review: Classic Lodge, Musanze - 29/10/2019
- Hotel Review: Magashi Camp - 29/10/2019
- Rwanda Encompassed - 10/10/2019
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe National Park - 01/10/2019
- Rwanda celebrates 15th gorilla naming ceremony - 21/09/2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - 19/09/2019