Ethiopia has launch a universal e-visa application, announced by the Prime Minister’s Chief of Staff, Fitsum Arega, and confirmed by Ethiopia Airlines.
The e-visa is processed and issued online on a single web page where applicants apply, pay and secure their entry visa. Once the application is approved, applicants will receive an email authorising them to travel to Ethiopia, and they will get their passport stamped with the visa upon arrival in Addis Ababa.
The online visa application process was launched in June 2017, but up until now was only available for travellers from select countries. This has now been extended to be available for visitors worldwide.
Arega tweeted that the “relaxed Visa regime will enhance both Ethiopia’s openness and will allow the country to harness the significant stopover transit traffic of Ethiopia Airways.”
Ethiopia Airlines Group CEO Tewolde GebreMariam also added “We have not made best use of our natural resources to attract large numbers of tourists. To this effect, this project is part of a new national initiative to transform the tourism sector in the country.”
Travellers visiting Ethiopia can apply for a visa at www.evisa.gov.et
- Uganda’s latest luxury offering, Emburara Farm Lodge - 06/12/2018
- Rwanda Encompassed - 06/10/2018
- Rwanda’s rainforest paradise in Nyungwe - 06/10/2018
- One&Only Nyungwe House opens in Rwanda this October - 01/10/2018
- Hotel Review: Moriah Hill Resort - 26/09/2018
- Rwanda’s Akagera National Park - 25/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Akagera Game Lodge - 25/09/2018
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - 24/09/2018
- Mandela My Life: The Official Exhibition - 23/09/2018
- Rwanda names baby gorillas at Kwita Izina - 11/09/2018