Airlink is working towards a better world with their Airlink Environment Program.
The South African based airline recognised the need to address climate change and has been working on an environmental program that ensures they do their part in the fight against climate change by contributing to South Africa’s commitments to reducing CO₂ emissions.
Airlink is the largest independent regional airline in southern Africa, connecting travellers to the widest network and choice of flights in Southern Africa and St Helena Island, utilising a fleet of Grand Cessna Caravan 208BEX, Jetstream 41 aircraft, Embraer ERJ 135/140/145 jet aircraft, BAe RJ85 aircraft, Embraer E-Jet 170 and Embraer E-Jet 190.
The airline currently carries approx 1 800 000 passengers annually by way of approx 60 000 flight missions.
With this much movement, Airlink introduced the Environmental Policy statement, a roadmap for their sustainability journey and a guideline for the Airlink Environment Program.
One of the pillars of the program is the IATA Environment Assessment or IEnvA. IEnvA is an extensive and intensive environmental management system designed specifically for airlines. IEnvA covers all Airlink’s premises and operations, is stringent and holistic in the approach that is taken and requires continuous improvement. Airlink has been working on attaining IEnvA accreditation and expects to receive certification early in 2019.
IEnvA ensures that Airlink will focus on the right things that have the greatest impact and ensure that Airlink does the least amount of harm to the environment.
Airlink is striving to reduce carbon emissions, completing a 3-year carbon footprint report to understand the impact of their operations and develop a plan to reduce these emissions.
The airline continues to strive for more efficient operations and is implementing smart solutions to reduce their impact on the planet through efficiency measures, partnerships and a smarter way of operating.
For more visit www.flyairlink.com
- Rwanda celebrates 15th gorilla naming ceremony - 21/09/2019
- Celebrate Mandela Day with these iconic spots in South Africa - 18/07/2019
- South Africa relaxes visa requirements for various countries - 11/07/2019
- Classic African Safari on Sale with A&K - 11/07/2019
- Airlink works to help the environment - 02/07/2019
- Airlink flash sale to St Helena Island - 24/06/2019
- Rwanda to welcome black rhinos - 24/06/2019
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019