Luxury safari operator Abercrombie & Kent (A&K) has opened an office in the capital of Rwanda, Kigali. This is the company’s 10th office in sub-Saharan Africa and the 53rd worldwide.
Well and truly back on the map, Rwanda has emerged as one of East Africa’s newest luxury destinations. Featuring on A&K’s Hot List this year, the country offers some of the most outstanding wildlife experiences open to adventurous travellers, most famously gorilla tracking. The cloud forest of Parc National des Volcans is home to the critically endangered mountain gorilla, which, once on the brink of extinction, has increased in number thanks to the conservation work begun there by Dian Fossey. Tracking through the rainforest in small groups is a challenging adventure but thoroughly rewarding when a family of these extraordinary primates is encountered up close.
In addition to Rwanda’s mountain gorillas there are new wildlife attractions with the reintroduction of lions and eastern black rhino into Akagera National Park and the Nyungwe Forest, one of the oldest in Africa, which is home to 13 different primate species, as well as more than 300 bird species and more than 75 different mammal species. A raft of new luxury camps and lodges have opened including the luxurious new Bisate Lodge, a sublime eco-experience in the Parc National des Volcans, and Nyungwe House, a partner hotel of One&Only, located in a working tea plantation.
Rwanda is the perfect complement to any East African itinerary combining well with a safari in Uganda, Tanzania or Kenya. Direct flights between Johannesburg and Kigali also make it a convenient extension to safaris in southern Africa.
“Our new office in Kigali is part of a broader commitment to ensuring a local presence on the ground in the countries we travel to”, says Abercrombie & Kent Managing Director, Sujata Raman. Expanding our network of on-site offices ensures that we deliver exceptional guest experiences right across the globe”.
For more visit www.abercrombiekent.com.au
- Kenya Airways fly daily to Seychelles - 10/02/2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius Economy Class to Port Louis - 08/02/2019
- Best of Bwindi, Uganda - 08/02/2019
- Rwandair gets representation in Australia & NZ - 15/01/2019
- Cycle Tour in South Africa - 12/01/2019
- Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp launches new safari tents - 12/01/2019
- Amazing milestone for mountain gorillas - 19/11/2018
- Urzila Carlson’s Road Trip through South Africa videos launched - 02/11/2018
- South African Airways go ‘Above and Beyond’ on long haul legroom - 02/11/2018
- Mövenpick to operate new Mozambique property - 31/10/2018