Luxury travel company Abercrombie & Kent is delighted with the decision by Ethiopian authorities to lift the State of Emergency which has been in place for nearly two years.
The Australian government has responded by downgrading its travel advisory for the first time in recent years.
A&K has been tailoring journeys to Ethiopia for private travellers for over a decade and in 2015 launched its first small group journey there. A&K’s leading Africa expert, Patrick Clementson, escorted the group on a fascinating two-week adventure revealing the secrets of this incredibly diverse country whose mysterious fascination extends from its rich history, culture and landscapes to its extraordinary tribal heritage.
Patrick has welcomed the news saying, “Ethiopia is such a surprise package and quite unlike any other African country. It has rare wildlife like the gelada baboon and the Ethiopian wolf, both found in the Simien Mountains, beautiful rock-cut churches and stunning scenery and the tribal villages of the Omo Valley are intriguing. You witness primitive traditions and rituals that haven’t changed in centuries and visiting on market day is a must.”
Though accommodation and food is simple in Ethiopia, there is so much to see and experience right around the country and Patrick recommends that travellers should pack their sense of adventure for a journey that will deliver maximum reward.
A&K’s journeys to Ethiopia
Limited Edition Small Group Journey: Tribes and Traditions of Ethiopia
Tour dates: 5-20 November 2018
Maximum 24 guests.
Twin share per person: $9,915
Single supplement: $1,665
10-day Private Journey for the independent traveller – Ethiopia: the Historic Route
Twin share per person: From $7,895
Solo Traveller: From $12,210
7-day Private Journey for the independent traveller – Tribes of the Omo Valley
Twin share per person: From $5,500
Solo Traveller: From $8,875
To enquire or book, contact our experienced African Specialist – Kate Webster on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celebrate Mandela Day with these iconic spots in South Africa - 18/07/2019
- South Africa relaxes visa requirements for various countries - 11/07/2019
- Classic African Safari on Sale with A&K - 11/07/2019
- Airlink works to help the environment - 02/07/2019
- Airlink flash sale to St Helena Island - 24/06/2019
- Bench Africa’s Northern Experience deal - 23/05/2019
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - 18/05/2019
- Trafalgar’s Africa 2020 trips launched - 14/05/2019
- Robben Island price increase - 14/05/2019
- Botswana’s brand new Selinda Camp opens June 2019 - 19/03/2019